Stunning Blueberry Lemon Tart. The Sweetest Little Blueberry Lemon Tart recipe by Betty Crocker and published in the November 2020 issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine. A recipe that can be used by both children and adults, this dish is a must-have for any party or get-together.
This sweet tart recipe is a combination of a tart with a blueberry and lemon juice base. Lemon juice will give the tart a refreshing taste and provide an added sweetener. Using fresh strawberries will add to the delicious flavor as well.
To make the Stunning Blueberry Lemon Tart recipe, first put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir until the strawberries are coated with the liquid. Let the mixture stand for about five minutes to let the liquid soak in. Then, remove it from the mixture from the bowl and allow it to cool completely before you place it into the fridge for storage.
After you have the tart cooled off, you will now need to gather the other ingredients together. Combine all of the ingredients, except for the blueberries. Once the tart has cooled off completely, the blueberries can be placed into the mixture, using a spatula, just like a cookie cutter.
You can cook Stunning Blueberry Lemon Tart using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it. Print
Stunning Blueberry Lemon Tart. The Sweetest Little Blueberry Lemon Tart recipe by Betty Crocker and published in the November 2020.
- Prepare 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup honey
- You need 1/4 cup lemon zest plus 1/2 cup juice (4 lemons)
- You need 10 ounces (2 cups) blueberries
- You need 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare As needed of 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- You need 1 large egg plus 5 large yolks
- Prepare Salt
- You need 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- You need 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces and chilled
- Prepare As needed 1 recipe Classic Tart Crust (*scroll down for recipe), partially baked and cooled
- Step1: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Measure out 1 tablespoon lemon juice and set aside.
- Step2: Whisk remaining lemon juice, lemon zest, egg and yolks, ⅓ cup honey, and pinch salt in medium saucepan until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with rubber spatula, until mixture thickens slightly and registers 165ºF, about 5 minutes.
- Step3: Off heat, whisk in chilled butter until melted. Strain lemon curd through fine-mesh strainer into bowl, then gently stir in cream with rubber spatula.
- Step4: Pour warm lemon curd into cooled tart crust. Set tart on baking sheet and bake until filling is shiny and opaque and center jiggles slightly when shaken, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Transfer tart with baking sheet to wire rack and let cool slightly.
- Step5: Meanwhile, process blueberries in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Strain purée through clean fine-mesh strainer into medium saucepan, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible (you should have about ¾ cup); discard solids. Whisk in remaining ¼ cup honey and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl, then whisk into strained blueberry mixture. Bring to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened slightly and registers 170ºF, about 4 minutes. Off heat, whisk in reserved 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Step6: Pour blueberry mixture evenly over cooled lemon filling. Tap pan lightly on counter to release any air bubbles, then refrigerate until blueberry mixture is set and shiny, about 2 hours.
- Step7: To serve, remove outer ring of tart pan, slide thin metal spatula between tart and tart pan bottom, and carefully slide tart onto serving patter or cutting board.
- Category: Best Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Stunning Blueberry Lemon Tart, lemon tart, lemon blueberry tart
Mix all of the ingredients together until the blueberry juice is blended with the rest of the mixture. Use the spatula to spread the mixture over the inside of each individual strawberry. It is important to spread the mixture evenly on the strawberries so they do not stick. Be careful not to let any strawberries stick to the top of the tart.
In order to serve this sweet tart, it is essential that you use a tart rack or baking tray to bake your tart. The tart rack will allow you to spread out the tart on top of a flat surface. This will help the fruit to come out of the tart easily. You can then place the strawberry on top of the tart.
If you are serving the tart at a party, you can use a tart rack but you should avoid using a stand mixer as well. Instead, use a rolling pin to create a ring shape on top of the fruit. Then place the strawberry on top of the ring and use it as a center. When the strawberry is on the tart, you roll the blueberries down the ring and it will give the tart its shape.
The tart should then be placed back into the fridge to cool off. Once it has cooled off, it is ready for serving. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream on top.
To make the tart even more attractive, you can use some edible flowers in the recipe for decoration. You can use either white or red roses, daisies, and lilies to dress up your tart.
You can purchase fresh fruit for your tart at a local supermarket. If not possible, you can simply find the tart in a produce store. These products are usually frozen so they will last for quite some time.
To make your tart even more appealing, you may want to add some chocolate into the tart. Many people prefer to add chocolate to their tart, especially if they are having a birthday party and the birthday celebrator is a child.
When preparing the tart, you can make the filling in the tin a little different every time. As mentioned earlier, the filling of the tart should be made in the tart pan first. Place the berries into the tart pan and let them set. This will take about five minutes.
You may now fill in the tart with the filling, or you can use the filling to decorate the top of the tart. You can put in a few drops of food coloring, a little lemon extract, or even some fruit jelly. Add anything that you like to give the tart a unique look. This is the most fun way to prepare the tart because you can make it the way you like it.