Stuffed Green Peppers. You can make them even more festive with some extra ingredients. Using different ingredients to fill out the filling of a stuffed pepper will help to bring out the flavors of the filling. To get the most from this idea, keep in mind that the stuffing should not only enhance the taste of the pepper, but also the color and texture of the pepper itself.
Stuffed peppers can be very simple to make or complex depending on your creativity. For example, you can use stuffing made of turkey, sausage, black olives, and fresh vegetables. You can add many different ingredients and seasonings, such as: marjoram, basil, Rosemary, parsley, thyme, oregano, chives, garlic, and others.
Another way to add flavor is by using canned stuffing. To make stuffed peppers with stuffing, all you need are canned beans, sausage, green olives, fresh basil, and chopped onions. Seasoning the beans before you start stuffing will help to give them a fuller taste and make stuffing easier.
Before stuffing the peppers, you want to take care of any seeds that might be inside. The seeds of the peppers can easily be removed with a fork and a good quality vegetable peeler. Then wash and cut the stems of the peppers to make it easier to stuff the peppers.
To add flavor to the stuffing, use any seasonings that you wish to include in the stuffing. For example, if you wish to add parsley, you can sprinkle it on top of the stuffing before adding it to the peppers. If you do not want to add parsley, you can leave the parsley off the stuffing altogether. Print
Stuffed Green Peppers. You can make them even more festive with some extra ingredients. Using different ingredients to fill out the filling.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown and wild rice – cook.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes drained (with onions, peppers & garlic).
- It’s 4-6 of Green Bell peppers (or any color) -cut in half lengthways.
- It’s of 1 pound lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 can of black beans (or red kidney).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need to taste of Garlic powder.
- You need pieces of Fresh basil cut into small.
- You need of Fresh onion chopped (small).
- It’s to taste of Salt & coarse ground pepper -.
- It’s of Cheese – grated cheddar & Monterrey jack.
- Step1: Wash, cut & clean peppers. Put in microwave dish with 1/4 cup water – cover with plastic wrap & steam for 5 minutes. Peppers should be soft.
- Step2: Brown ground meat with onion & seasonings. Add beans, tomatoes & cooked rice. Heat through.
- Step3: In a casserole dish, put a layer of the ground meat filling on the bottom. Then place pepper halves on top and stuff with the rest of ground meat filling. Top with grated cheese – to taste.
- Step4: Bake peppers for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, uncovered. Serve!.
- Category: Cooking Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Stuffed Green Peppers
Olive oil should always be used to cook the stuffing. You can mix in herbs and spices together with olive oil to create different flavors such as basil, garlic, Rosemary, chives, marjoram, or thyme. You can also add cheese and other cheese products such as mozzarella, goat cheese, and other dairy products.
Once the stuffing is ready, you can now cut the stuffing into chunks. and set aside.
Place the stuffing into the peppers after they have been cleaned and trimmed. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the stuffed peppers in the skillet and cook the stuffing until they are soft enough to touch. Once the stuffing is cooked, remove them from the skillet and put them on the serving platter to serve with a salad or side salad.
This stuffing is easy to make and serves many purposes. When using it as an appetizer, this stuffing makes a great appetizer for family and friends and can also be used as a meal replacement when cooking for large groups.
Cooking the stuffing is also easy. Simply place the stuffing into a food processor to make small chunks. Add any seasonings and herbs you wish to add, and then grind them until fine particles are left.
To serve, you can either use the scraps as a filler for the salads, or as the main ingredient for a filling for sandwiches. sandwiches, or wraps. If you are using the scraps as a filler for sandwiches, place about half of the stuffing in each sandwich, and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and any other vegetables you want to accompany the sandwiches.
If you decide to use the stuffing to fill up sandwiches, place one of the sandwiches on each bun and then scatter the remainder of the stuffing over each sandwich to add more taste and moisture. For a filling for wraps, place the stuffing between the two layers of bread.
This stuffing can be used to create many different types of appetizers and is easy to make as long as you have the proper ingredients. Stuffed peppers are easy to make and they are healthy, delicious and very nutritious.