Carrot Cake – WSM. Is cake made with carrots and other sweet vegetables. It is one of the easiest cakes to make and is also very simple to decorate. There are many different types of carrot cakes available today. All have their own unique flavor and delicious taste.
The original carrot cake recipe called for mashed potatoes to be used. Today most modern carrot cake recipes just have a buttercream frosting. Sometimes pineapple, pecans and shredded coconut is also added to the mix. It all depends on the recipe you choose to use.
Many people will enjoy making a carrot cake with a chocolate or vanilla frosting and some nuts or dried fruits. Other people like to add other fruits to the mix such as strawberries, bananas, raisins, pineapples, and even oranges. You can use any variety of fruit in your carrot cake recipe that is not too high in sugar or cream. As the recipe states, the cream cheese can be used in moderation.
Carrot cakes are made with both carrots and wheat flour. This makes it more traditional and some people prefer the wheat over the carrots. If you choose to use wheat instead of rice flour, make sure to bake the cake carefully to ensure even cooking. Both flours have their advantages and disadvantages, so it is best to experiment with them before making your final decision.
Another good way to make this cake easier to prepare is to use a dessert mix that does not have oil based ingredients. Using a mixer that is made for this purpose will help eliminate some of the mess and make it easier to mix your ingredients. The mixture should also be able to incorporate the carrot mixture well into the flour mix and you can then just add the ingredients to your mixer and let the mixture cook.
You can have Carrot Cake – WSM using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that. Print
Carrot Cake – WSM. Is cake made with carrots and other sweet vegetables. It is one of the easiest cakes to make and is also very simple to decorate.
- You need 225 ml of Sunflower oil.
- It’s 225 gr of light muscovado sugar Or Any Light Brown if cannot get it.
- It’s 4 of medium eggs.
- It’s 225 gr of self-raising flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1 tsp. of each mixed spice, ground cinnamon, ground ginger & ground nutmeg.
- You need 150 gr of sultanas OR 100 gr Sultanas and 50 gr Dried Mixed Fruit.
- It’s 200 gr of carrots, coarsely grated.
- It’s 50-75 g of walnuts or pecans or almonds (or mix), roughly chopped.
- Prepare of For Icing.
- It’s 250 gr of unsalted butter, very soft.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Orange or Lemon extract (optional).
- It’s 400 gr of full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 300 g (11 oz) of icing sugar.
- Prepare of Any Silly Decorations that make you smile – of course Marzipan Carrots if you can get :).
- Step1: Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan) mark 3. Grease and line the base and sides of a round 20.5cm (8in) cake tin with parchment paper. Put the oil, sugar and eggs in a large bowl and mix well. (I use a food processor with a Cake / Bread attachment and it pulsates).
- Step2: Add the flour, soda and spices to the bowl and mix to combine. Stir in the sultanas, carrots and nuts. Scrape mixture into the prepared tin, level and bake for 1hr 5min-1hr 15min or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let it cool for 5 minutes in the skillet, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Step3: To make icing, beat the butter and vanilla in a large bowl until completely smooth, then add room temperature cream cheese and mix well. Sift over the icing sugar and stir (careful at first, otherwise there will be a cloud of icing sugar) until smooth and fluffy.
- Step4: Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally through the middle. Use half the icing to put them back together and place the cake on a cake stand / plate. Spread the remaining icing on top of the cake and place on top of the carrot garnish, if used. Serve in slices.
- Category: Best Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Carrot Cake – WSM
If you have not yet made carrot cake, there are some things you can do to make it easier. First, you can bake the cake in an oven if you do not have a preheated oven. This will help keep the cake from cracking when you take it out of the oven. Second, you can steam the cake rather than using it cold from the oven.
One more way to make your carrot cake easier to make is to use the Internet to find online recipes for carrot cakes. They are usually much cheaper and many times you can find step by step instructions. so that you know exactly what you are doing.
When it comes to making this cake, the key is to keep your eyes open and not to let your guard down. This is not a cake that you are going to eat by mistake so don’t put off trying new recipes. and if you have any questions or doubts you can always ask your guests. They will help you make it just fine.
There are several carrot cake recipes out there to choose from. I’m not going to tell you all of them but I will share my favorites. For a simple cake that is easy to make and tastes great, I recommend Betty Crocker’s Carrot Cake Mix. It has a wonderful flavor and it is easy to mix up.
If you want something a little bit more elaborate, try the Betty Crocker Carrot Apple Pie. This is a fairly classic recipe and if you follow the directions, you can end up with a really good looking cake. The trick is to leave out the apples so the recipe calls for no apples.
If you want a more elegant cake, try making a carrot cake with no recipe at all. I can’t say enough about the cake by Betty Crocker called the Peanut Butter & Carrot. You can either buy the ready to bake cake or use it as a base for your own cake. They have a whole recipe on their website for you to create your own masterpiece.
If you can’t decide, I would suggest you use one of these two recipes and then customize it according to your tastes. No matter which one you choose, the important thing is to enjoy the end result. Carrot cake is a great choice to give you and your guests a sweet treat.