Vienna Sausage Breakfast. Is one of the most beloved dishes of Vienna, Austria. In the late 19th century, at least by the United States, “Vienna sausages” became synonymous with sausage shaped like hot dogs. The word Vienna has a German origin and the word sausage means pig in German. These sausages were originally cooked in large cast iron pans called “Ramses.” Vienna Sausage Breakfast became a favorite meal for the Viennese.
The Viennese have their own unique way of preparing Viennese sausage and this unique way of preparing Viennese sausages is called “Von Buchfrieden.” This dish was initially created as a substitute for the traditional German “Bundesleben”Bundestag” lunch served in Germany.
Traditionally, Vienna sausage would be served in a pan called “Mutterwurst.” The plan would be prepared by boiling off a number of layers of the sausage, from top to bottom. This technique created an even surface on the sausages making them easier to carve and to cook in.
Most Viennese recipes call for black pepper, white salt and onions, but you can use whatever spices you like best, but it is important to get the right ratio of these spices in your sausage. I personally prefer using less salt and using more black pepper to give me a more authentic Viennese sausage flavor. Print
Vienna Sausage Breakfast. Is one of the most beloved dishes of Vienna, Austria. In the late 19th century, at least by the United States.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dried onion flakes.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare of Sprinkle salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of milk or creamer.
- Prepare 1 can (4.6 ounce) of Vienna sausages, drained.
- It’s as needed of Butter cooking spray.
- Prepare to taste of Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need to taste of Chopped chives.
- Prepare as needed of Toasted bread.
- Step1: In a bowl with a fork or small whisk mix together eggs, dried onion flakes, black pepper, salt and milk or creamer.
- Step2: Place drained Vienna sausages into a bowl, cut each one in half.
- Step3: Spray a skillet with butter cooking spray.
- Step4: Pour egg mixture into skillet and heat on low heat, then add into eggs your cut up Vienna sausages.
- Step5: Continue to cook eggs and Vienna sausages on low heat, stirring lightly……I flipped my eggs over.
- Step6: Sprinkle your shredded cheddar cheese on top of eggs and sausages, then top with chopped chives…..cook until cheese has melted.
- Step7: Serve and enjoy 😉!!.
- Category: Popular Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vienna Sausage Breakfast
A great way to add color and some spice to your Viennese sausage is to use fresh onion and garlic cloves. You can use a large pinch of each spice or you can make sure they are fully submerged in the oil before inserting them into your sausage. You can use a pastry brush or a fork to make sure that you have good contact with each spice so that they have the opportunity to create a good layer on the surface of the sausage.
You will also need black pepper, onion flakes and onion soup powder. If you are using garlic, you will need about three tablespoons of garlic powder. Just make sure that all of the garlic powder has been completely dissolved. Once you have mixed up your onion soup, just cook it and serve it with your Viennese sausage.
Egg salad may be another thing you want to try. You can get an egg salad mix at any grocery store. You can also buy a prepared egg salad mix, which makes it much easier.
Eggs are very important to the Viennese breakfast. They usually serve two large egg whites with a little bit of sausage or bacon in each one. You can make your own egg sausage recipe at home or purchase one which is easy to prepare and much cheaper. Some people like to put cream in their egg sandwiches. Some people don’t like the taste and they prefer plain yogurt.
The next favorite breakfast dish is a baked potato. A baked potato is a great thing to have in your Viennese breakfast. You can add your favorite topping and make it as spicy or as mild as you wish. Just make sure that you get enough of the seasoning in it to help make it look and taste good.
There is nothing wrong with having a slice of cake with your breakfast, but most people prefer to have pancakes instead. These are just as popular as the other breakfast dishes and they come in many different flavors including cinnamon and banana.
You can also have your egg fried steak or chicken. These two are probably the most popular of all of the Viennese breakfast recipes and they are very easy to make as well. Just follow the instructions given by your recipe book or on the Internet.
To sum up, these are just a few of the different Viennese breakfast dishes. No matter what you are looking for, you will be able to find a way to create the perfect breakfast for your family in a short period of time.