Arroz con Salchichas / Rice with Vienna Sausages. Is a very popular dish to serve at weddings. This dish is traditionally served on a table with either white or red wines, some white cheeses, and of course, lots of red onions. This dish is usually accompanied by cheese pastries, the traditional Spanish dessert, and red wine with a slice of cheese cake, if it is made of white bread.
The recipe of this dish is simple – mix chicken bouillon with half of the tomato sauce and one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix in the chicken, onion, and seasonings (such as pepper, oregano, and garlic powder), and then pour into your serving bowl.
You will probably need to add other ingredients as well to make the Arroz Con Salchichas with Vienna Sausages. For instance, you can add white cheeses and other meats, which are usually very difficult to find in Spain. If you cannot find chicken bouillon, use chicken broth instead. Also, you can use fresh onions instead of dried ones. It is also important that you drain your pasta water.
If you want to serve the Arroz Con Salchichas with Vienna Sausages with a twist, you can add some fresh tomatoes to the mix. This will give your dishes a fresher taste. Of course, you cannot just add tomatoes; it has to be freshly cut. Just use your fingers and carefully poke holes in the tomatoes. Put them in your serving bowl with the meat. Print
Arroz con Salchichas | Rice with Vienna Sausages. Is a very popular dish to serve at weddings. This dish is traditionally served on a table.
- You need 2 tbsp of EVOO.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sofrito.
- Prepare 1/2 small of Red Onion (chopped).
- You need 1 envelope of Sazon.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Chicken Bouillon.
- You need 1/4 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 can of Vienna Sausage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Spanish Olives.
- It’s 2 cup of White un-cooked Rice.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 small of bunch of Cilantro.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Step1: In a large pot add EVOO, sofrito and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Step2: Add sazon, chicken bouillon, tomato sauce, sausages, olives and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Step3: Add rice, water and cilantro. Stir and let cook UNCOVERED on medium heat until most of the liquid has dried out.
- Step4: When most of the liquid is dried out, stir TWICE only, from the bottom up. Do NOT stir vigorously!.
- Step5: Lower heat to almost simmer, cover pot and cook for 20 minutes. (DO NOT UNCOVER OR STIR RICE WITHIN THE 20 MIN. COOKING TIME).
- Step6: After 20 minutes, uncover and gently stir from the bottom up. The rice should be perfectly “fluffly”. If still undercooked, cover for another 10 minutes.
- Category: Collection Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Arroz con Salchichas | Rice with Vienna Sausages
You can also try other spices for your Arroz Con Salchichas with Vienna Sausages. If you do not like garlic, use Rosemary, thyme, oregano, or marjoram, which can be mixed with red wine or a bottle of wine to give it a very aromatic taste.
Also, try adding red onion slices to your dish, as it can be very tasty and healthy as well. Red onions add flavor to your dish as well, so they are perfect for this type of dish.
You can also change the taste of your Arroz Salchichas by changing the sauce that you use. You can try different things, including: adding different flavors of wine to it, different types of cheese, different flavors of meat (chicken, beef, veal, or lamb), different types of vegetables (like carrots, zucchini, beets, potatoes, or cucumbers), and even avocado.
You can also use some herbs such as mint, basil, parsley, or Rosemary, which can also be added in your Arroz Con Salchichas with Vienna Sausages. You can also add some different flavors of vinegar to give it a new flavor. Just try to add in different types of seasonings and spices in order to find something that suits you the best. In order to keep the flavor of this dish, you should refrigerate your dish.
You can also choose to eat these sausages in different ways. They can be simply served on their own, but if you want to have it on its best condition, you can serve it alongside pasta or on some baked potatoes.
However, there is a good recipe that you can follow for this kind of dish, especially if you want to save money. You can make your own homemade version of Arroz Con Salchichas with Vienna Sausages. All you need to do is to combine all the ingredients in your own home-kitchen to make the dish. In fact, you may be surprised at how easy this recipe is!
You don’t even need to leave your house to make your own homemade version. All you need is a frying pan, flour, a pinch of sugar, and some olive oil. The dough can be made easily by mixing the flour with the amount of sugar that you will be using. You can even add some garlic cloves and then kneading the mixture to get a thick dough. Then, place the dough into the pan of your choice.
Once it is cooked, you can heat fry it in a heat fryer until it reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. You can even cover the pot with aluminum foil and put the pot in the oven to get a very hot and delicious result. You can serve it with a salad and it will surely please everyone that will have it.