Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe. Is a delectable treat that tastes like heaven! It’s made from a traditional recipe, but has been improved to create the ultimate cake. I am sure you will agree with me that this is one of the best recipes in existence.
The cake is super tender with strong notes of blueberries and vanilla. A tangy lemon zing is added to the cake batter and you have found heaven! Add an exploding blueberry flavor to the cake batter and you have hit the jackpot! A good rule of thumb for blueberry flavors is a lighter version than what you normally would get from bakeries.
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe uses unsweetened natural sweetener, no eggs and contains no oil derivatives. There is no fat used in this recipe. This is the way it was always done in olden days. If you have always wondered how the original recipe is made, the answer is simple. Using lemon juice and a pinch of salt helps the process along and also adds flavor and texture.
It is a good idea to have a few extra pans in case you need it! When you’re ready to bake your cake, all you need to do is pour the batter into your pans and bake it at the proper temperature. This can take you about 20 minutes depending on the size of your pans. Once the cake has cooled off, you simply peel off the cake layers and let your frosting melt. Print
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe. Is a delectable treat that tastes like heaven! It’s made from a traditional recipe.
- 2 cups cake flour + 2 tablespoons, separated
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Step1: Preheat the oven to 325°F and have a rack situated in the center of the oven. Generously grease a 9″x5″ loaf pan and add 1 tablespoon of flour to the pan. Shake it around until well-coated and knock out the excess. Set aside until ready to use.
- Step2: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt, and set aside until ready to use. Add the blueberries to a separate bowl, gently toss with 1 tablespoon of flour, and set aside. Also, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks in a separate bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Step3: Add the butter to a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. If you do not have a stand mixer, use a large bowl and a handheld mixer. Beat on medium-high for 1 minute. Then, slowly stream in the granulated sugar, mixing all the while. Beat until light and fluffy, 4-6 minutes more.
- Step4: Scrape down the sides of the bowl and with the mixer on medium speed, beat in the eggs. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again, add the vanilla and lemon juice, and mix until combined.
- Step5: Add the dry ingredients and mix on low. Stop mixing the moment you no longer see flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the blueberries, and gently fold them in until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Step6: Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, smooth over the top, and gently tap on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, rotating the pan half-way through this cook time. Then, tent with aluminum foil and continue baking for 15-20 minutes.
- Step7: Set aside to cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes. After the cooling time is up, invert the cake onto a serving platter and allow to cool completely.
- Category: Trending Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
The next step is to mix the batter with the vanilla extract. This recipe has the addition of lemon extract to help add the right kind of tartness to the batter.
Frosting can be done by hand or with the help of a mixer. Some frosting recipes call for an egg wash, while others will call for a lemon mixture.
After the blueberries have soaked through the cake, you will want to spread them over the cake. and sprinkle over the vanilla extract at the top. The last thing you want is for your cake to look gross and crumbly! You should also use some sugar free icing to fill in any holes that have appeared.
Blueberries are very high in potassium and other minerals and will keep you energized for hours. If you have been feeling sluggish lately, try eating a glass of blueberry juice every evening to help get you started on a new healthy way to start the day! Blueberries are known to help improve the heart and blood-pressure systems. They are rich in beta carotene and can help regulate your insulin levels as well.
Blueberries are also extremely low in calories. This makes them a great snack food. However, you don’t want to eat too much or your health might suffer. Just eating small amounts throughout the day is a healthier alternative.
A blueberry pound cake recipe can be a delicious treat for special occasions. You could even take your favorite cake mix with you on your next picnic or just simply make this a side dish to compliment your lunch box and dessert.
You’ll love how easy it is to make a blueberry pound cake recipe. Since you don’t have to buy a large pan, you’ll save money in the long run as well. Most of the ingredients are easily accessible and affordable.
The blueberries and butter make the perfect base for your lemon pound cake recipe and the addition of the lemon makes it even more delicious. When you are ready to celebrate a special occasion, make this a part of your party fare and enjoy your fresh baked delight!