Magic Cake. A magic cake is an extremely delectable and sumptuous dessert that is made in the French manner. It takes the traditional way of making cakes and makes it even more delicious. In fact, you won’t even recognize that you’re eating such a cake, but once it’s served, you’ll be able to savor every bite.
Gâteaux Magiques are essentially a white cake that consists of three layers when baked. The bottom layer is white, custard and the second layer is a white cream. The third layer is the buttercream frosting, which gives this cake its signature look and flavor. The flavor can be anything, depending on the recipe.
Some of the most popular ones include the French apple pudding and orange cream cake. Each cake varies slightly, so you can expect to be treated to a very unique taste every time you go to the kitchen to bake one. However, it should be noted that this cake is not really appropriate for every occasion. Therefore, you might want to ask your baker if they would make it for your event. They will most certainly be more than happy to oblige!
Gâteaux Magiques have also been featured in several cookbooks, including “The Art of Baking”, “The Art of Italian Cooking”The Joy of Cooking”. There are also television shows featuring how to make these particular cakes. So if you want to learn to bake a Magic Cake, all you need to do is invest in one of the books mentioned above.
If you decide to learn to bake a magic cake, you can do so through cooking school or by attending a cooking school. You can also do it online. By using online cooking schools, you will learn everything you need to know about preparing a cake, including the ingredients and techniques. Print
Magic Cake. A magic cake is an extremely delectable and sumptuous dessert that is made in the French manner. It takes the traditional way of make .
- 4 eggs at room temperature.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted and melted.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- 2 cups milk lukewarm *.
- powdered sugar for dusting.
- Step1: Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Grease a 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish or line it with parchment paper so that it’s easier to get the cake out.
- Step2: Separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add butter and vanilla extract and continue beating for another minute or two after which you can add the flour and mix it in until fully incorporated.
- Step3: Slowly start adding the milk and beat until everything is well mixed together.
- Step4: Add the egg whites to a mixer and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Step5: Add the egg whites to the cake batter and gently fold them in. Another variation to folding in the egg whites would be to whisk them in to the cake batter, this is a lot faster and easier. Make sure you don’t fold the egg whites in completely, you still want to see some of the white bits floating at the top.
- Step6: Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 40 to 70 minutes or until the top is lightly golden. The baking time could vary greatly depending on the oven, so take a peek at around 40 minutes and see how it looks.
- Step7: Sprinkle some powdered sugar after cake has cooled.
- To get the milk lukewarm I usually warm it in the microwave for about a minute.
- The baking time can vary greatly for this cake. I’ve baked this cake in 3 different ovens and I’ve always needed different times which were from 40 to 70 minutes. The oven I have right now only requires about 45 minutes to get a nice golden color on the cake, whereas other ovens I’ve used required the full 70 minutes. Test if after 40 minutes to see what it looks like. The cake is done when it only jiggles slightly but feels firm to touch.
- General guidelines for baking at high altitude (not all may apply to this recipe): If baking at altitudes of 5000 feet or higher, keep this in mind:
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 0 to 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Romanian
Keywords: Magic Cake, How to Cook Perfect Black Magic Cake
Once you have all the necessary tools, all you need to do is follow a recipe and prepare the cake, which can take you up to two hours, depending on the recipe. This cake is not only incredibly tasty but also pretty looking. It will definitely catch the attention of your guests, especially when they find out what you’re making!
If you decide to try baking the traditional cake, you can choose from several recipes. One such recipe is the traditional French Apple Pecan Cake. You could also choose the classic chocolate cake.
Although the recipe might seem to have many similarities to the French apple pudding cake, the difference lies mainly in the filling. Instead of apples, you are given pears, peaches, walnuts, cranberries, chocolate and whipped cream, all of which taste absolutely wonderful together. Moreover, if you do decide to make the traditional French apple pudding, you can use a special French Vanilla Extract to give the finished product an authentic French flavor.
However, if you do not wish to go through the trouble of learning how to bake a magic cake, then you might consider other methods of preparing your favorite dessert. For instance, you can simply use a box mix that comes with premade recipes. These boxes are usually made from a good quality of food and they are extremely easy to use.
Another option is to buy a cake mix. If you are not confident in your skills as a baker, you can purchase the cake mix from a specialist shop, but be sure that you get the right one.
Also, if you are really adventurous, you could always make your own cake. If you are looking for an easier way to make a Magic Cake, then you could always visit a bakery. However, keep in mind that although they are more expensive than buying it in a box, you may have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Furthermore, most bakeries will require you to pay a fee if you wish to make a Magic Cake. Make sure you consider the cost before you make your choice of whether or not you will purchase your cake mix.