Healthy No Bake Oatmeal Bars with Coconut & Peanut Butter. If you are in the mood for something comforting but are not quite ready to commit to a long road of diet and exercise, these delicious bars will give you the energy you need to continue your day.
A healthy no bake is much healthier than the more traditional kind that often has high fat ingredients and high sugar content. They are also far better for you and are made with all natural ingredients. That is the main reason they are called healthy no bake bars.
With no added sugars, it is a smooth peanut butter texture with a light, almost milky flavor. These bars are usually topped with a sprinkle of fresh, natural coconut, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of toasted seeds.
There are many ways to make healthy no bake bars. Here are just some of the ways that I prefer:
The easiest way is to use organic, natural and unsweetened natural chocolate. You can buy them at any grocery store or health food store. If you don’t have access to organic chocolate, you can just substitute dark chocolate in its place.
Next, you will need to add coconut milk to the mixture to form the dough. It is best to use organic, natural and unsweetened coconut milk. If you use regular milk, you may need to substitute for soy milk or rice milk if you are going to use it for recipes that call for it. Print
Healthy No Bake Oatmeal Bars with Coconut & Peanut Butter. If you are in the mood for something comforting but are not quite ready to commit.
For the bars:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats gluten-free
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (shredded)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ to ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the chocolate topping:
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 TBS peanut butter
Refined-sugar free topping option:
- ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 TBS peanut butter
- 1–2 TBS honey or maple syrup
For the Bars:
- Step1: In a small bowl mix together oats, coconut and almond meal. Set aside
- Step2: In a large, microwave safe bowl or in a pot on the stove, gently melt the peanut butter and honey together until smooth. (If your peanut butter is liquid at room temperature, simply mix the honey and peanut butter together without warming).
- Step3: Add vanilla and salt (to taste…I love sweet/salty so I use ½ tsp) and stir until combined.
- Step4: Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Step5: Spread into an 8×8” pan and set aside.
For the topping:
- Step1: Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together on the stovetop or in the microwave (start by heating for 60 seconds. Stir then heat in 30 second increments until smooth).
Refined-sugar free topping:
- Step1: In the microwave or on the stovetop, gently melt together the chocolate, honey (or maple syrup) and peanut butter.
Putting it together:
- Step1: Drizzle or spread melted chocolate/peanut butter over bars.
- Step2: Let the bars setup on the counter or in the fridge until the chocolate sets.
- Step3: Cut and serve at room temperature or cold!
- Step4: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Category: Best Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy No Bake Oatmeal Bars with Coconut & Peanut Butter
To form the crust, use coconut oil or shortening instead of butter in the recipe for your healthy no bake bars. Using coconut oil or shortening is easier on your heart and your teeth. After the dough is formed, you can spread it out on a pan and bake until it is almost set.
If you are having trouble finding your favorite no bake, look for a website that has several recipes. You can search on “healthy no bake”no-bake” for more ideas.
Free-range eggs are a good choice. I like the unprocessed version because they are more nutrient rich. They are also healthier for you and your children.
Natural peanut butter is great to top your bars. It has been my husband’s favorite for a long time. You can use peanut butter to fill them with or you can spread it over the top and enjoy. their taste and the benefit of the healthy no bake bars.
Add unsweetened coconut oil to the mixture for the top of the bars. You can use this oil instead of shortening or oil, but you must be careful not to let it become too thick or it will not hold together. when you roll it out.
The next step is to spread the nuts evenly over the top of the bars. Be careful to press them well into the nuts. You don’t want too much or too little to make a cookie-like appearance. It is best if you use all nuts so that you can fill the bars completely.
Then, add a sprinkle of dried, fresh, natural coconut and a sprinkle of dried, natural peanut butter and mix it all together for a smooth, glossy finish. You can find it in your local health food store or online.
When the bars are ready, serve them with your favorite cereal or shake, fruits or yogurt, and a dash of freshly squeezed lime juice. for a nice tropical twist. You can also use the smooth texture of the nuts as decoration around the inside of the oatmeal bars.