Cinnamon Roll Cake. A simple cinnamon roll cake is made by wrapping a vanilla-flavored cake with cinnamon flavored frosting and then swizzling it in a cinnamon roll. Look at those beautiful cinnamon swirls around the top! This is a great cake to whip up quickly for a quick breakfast or even a hot afternoon cup of coffee.
Cinnamon roll cakes are easy to make. The cake must be very light so that it will not burn when being whipped, and it should be frosted with only a very light cream. If the cream is too thick, the cinnamon will run through the cake and not show up as well as if it were thinner.
First, the cake needs to have a good base or frosting to which the vanilla frosting is poured. Some prefer to use white frosting but this can change the whole flavor of the cake. To make a vanilla cake, take a solid vanilla cake and add a few drops of vanilla flavoring. If you use the same vanilla flavoring, you will get a more traditional taste. For instance, if you have a vanilla-flavored cake, you will need to use a cream flavoring instead of vanilla to get a more vanilla-flavored cake.
Then, layer the cake with different flavors of frosting, like vanilla, orange, yellow, or other fruit flavors. These flavors are different in their sweetness and do not all taste the same. For example, yellow frosting is much sweeter than orange. Orange frosting is much sweeter than yellow. When layers of frosting are layered and the vanilla frosting is added, the cinnamon flavor will shine through. Print
Cinnamon Roll Cake. A simple cinnamon roll cake is made by wrapping a vanilla-flavored cake with cinnamon flavored frosting.
- Prepare 4 tsp baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 cups milk.
- You need 3 cups all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Prepare As needed of 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick) melted.
- You need 1 cup white granulated sugar.
- Prepare As needed of 2 large eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp flour.
- You need 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter softened to room temp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup packed light brown sugar.
- You need 5 tbsp milk.
- Prepare 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Prepare As needed of 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Step1: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it.) In a large bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer), combine ingredients for cake (except melted butter).
- Step2: While your mixer is running, slowly add the 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix just until combined (overmixing flour in baked goods can make it tough and rubbery.)
- Step3: Spread this batter evenly into your baking dish.
- Step4: In a small bowl, combine all your filling ingredients: softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir until combined well.
- Step5: Drop the cinnamon filling by spoonfuls onto the cake batter.
- Step6: Take a butter knife and make swirly, marble-effect patterns all around the cake. Drag the knife through both the cinnamon and cake batter.
- Step7: Bake the cake for about 35-40 minutes (it took about 40 minutes in my oven), until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Step8: Whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl.
- Step9: Pour the glaze over the warm cake.
- Category: Cooking Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cinnamon Roll Cake
A basic cinnamon roll is made in the same way, just using cinnamon as the topping instead of vanilla. Simply cut out the top and bottom layer of the cake and then roll it up in cinnamon or sugar. This is a simple recipe but it can be enhanced to taste. by using different flavors or adding a bit of chocolate or fruits to the icing to enhance the cinnamon-yummy taste.
When making cinnamon roll cake for your special person, they will be delighted to know that it has a lot of health benefits as well. Cinnamon, which is also called cassia, has anti-diarrheal, antiseptic, and stomach-healing properties. so it has a positive effect on the digestion. It is also an antibacterial agent, thus good for the digestive system.
As a bonus, cinnamon roll cake is known to increase energy levels and so is considered to help with weight loss. Since cinnamon is so easily digested and absorbed, it is not a surprise that it helps to control appetite, boost metabolism and even regulate bowel movements.
Making cinnamon roll cake does not have to be complicated. Simple ingredients combined in the right proportions can give you a fresh, light, fluffy treat, with a delicious twist.
Cinnamon Roll Cake – The easiest way to make a cinnamon roll cake is to use your own mixer to mix all the dry ingredients together and then the wet ingredients, mixing until a smooth consistency is achieved. You can add a little cinnamon to the wet and a little sugar or brown sugar to the dry.
Next, spread the cake batter evenly over the prepared cake pan, pressing it firmly. If the cake has a lot of empty space between each piece, you may need to press the cake down a little to create a uniform look. Then you simply add your frosting and decorate the cake. Use a spatula to smooth out any areas and add any decorations or flavors to the cake.
Finally, place the cinnamon roll in the oven. When it is ready, allow it to cool before slicing and serve. It’s so simple, yet the results are very impressive.
These days, people are making cinnamon rolls in all sorts of ways from a plain white cake to a red velvet cake with fresh fruits and nuts. So the next time you have a craving for a sweet treat and don’t want to have to go to the store, try some cinnamon rolls!