Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting. Brownies and other sweet treats seem to be in everyone’s favorite list. The ultimate crowd-pleaser: Chocolate chip brownies.
Just as there are many different types of chocolate brownies these days, the evolution of the chocolate brownie is also as diverse. One of the first brownies was actually created for an ice cream parlor in America. They were originally brown sugar cookie brownies that they sold by the pound. This was quite a turn-off because most people don’t think of brown sugar cookies being enjoyed on their desserts list.
There is a modern-day version of this type of chocolate brownie that many are enjoying. Some people may think that brown sugar cookies taste too much like sugar, but this is not necessarily the case.
Because of the way that this kind of brown sugar cookie is made, it is not as sticky as the traditional variety. Most people find that the cookies are more moist and chewy than they were when they were first eaten. This allows the chocolate chips to stick to the insides of each individual cookie.
There is no question that chocolate is the most popular sweet among Americans. It seems as though all Americans know how to enjoy it and there is something to please everyone on this sweet treat.
You can cook Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it. Print
Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting. Brownies and other sweet treats seem to be in everyone’s favorite list.
- Prepare 1 cup flour
- You need 1/2 cup brown sugar
- You need 1/2 teaspoon salt
- You need 1/2 cup cocoa powder (Dutch processed preferred)
- Prepare As needed of 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- You need 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepapare 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- You need 2 large eggs
- You need 1/2 cup sugar
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- You need 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- You need 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare as needed of 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare 1/3 cup brown sugar
- You need 1/2 cup heavy cream
- You need 1/2 cup flour
- Step1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Step2: Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt on low speed until a thick batter forms. Fold the chocolate chips in with a rubber spatula. Gently press the brownie batter into a greased or parchment lined 9×9 pan. Its ok if the batter is thick and this may take a moment to gently push it into a flat layer in the pan.
- Step3: Bake for 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before frosting.
- Step4: In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about a few minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in the flour and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Step5: With the mixer speed on low, add in the heavy cream and mix until just combined. The purpose of this is to achieve a frosting consistency. If it’s still a little too thick, add in a little bit more heavy cream until creamy enough. Fold the chocolate chips in with a rubber spatula.
- Step6: Once the brownies are completely cooled, frost with the cookie dough frosting. Enjoy!
- Category: Trending Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting
While some would say that traditional brownies are simply a matter of personal preference, some people love their frosting as much or more than the actual brownie itself. This is not so much the case with these types of cookies. Many of the recipes that you will find on the internet will call for white butter, white sugar, salt, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. However, if you don’t have these items available at your local grocery store, then you can certainly substitute your own.
White butter has been used in cooking for many years to add a bit of flavor to many dishes. If you do not have white butter in your home right now, it is easy to make use white margarine instead.
Finally, if you would like to make your brownies last longer and are looking for ways to add to the longevity of your baked goods, try experimenting with the addition of flavored icing to them. You may not find it necessary to use this technique for your sweet treats but it is fun to give it a try.
Most cookie dough, frosting recipes that you will find online come in white. If you do not feel like buying white butter, you can make this a quick and easy task yourself. Simply mix together your ingredients for the frosting. After you have done this, pour it into a container of your own making and allow it to sit.
When this frosting is ready, it will be very thick and will not need any further mixing until you want it to get a nice consistency. You can cut your brownie into smaller portions and then place the smaller pieces over the frosting. until you have them evenly coated.
Next, take these cookies and cut them into shapes. If you want to create different designs, you can put small candy bars along one edge of the dough and then roll them up on top of the other. This will give them a wonderful look that is not too dissimilar from brownie sundae.
Then, to create the decorations, you can use cookie dough to shape the letters of your choice. For example, you can place hearts, stars and other shapes on top of hearts while the words “These brownies are MINE” is written underneath. You can also use hearts to make the letters of your own name in a special font.
Another great idea is to fill the inside of the cookies with frosting before you frost them. You can use cookie dough to form a border around the entire cake or decorate them with colorful confetti. There are several different options available when you want to jazz up brownie cookies and give them a fun and interesting twist.