Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake. If you have ever eaten a Blueberry Cheesecake and tried to eat it by itself then you probably know how good it is. So, when you are trying to create an original Blueberry Cheesecake recipe it can be difficult to come up with something that people will truly enjoy.
This kind of cake is so unique in that it is not actually made out of a traditional cake mix. You really don’t want to use regular white flour in this kind of recipe as it will not work properly. You need to find a good quality all purpose flour that is light in weight so that the layers of the cheesecake do not stick together.
Using the right amount of sugar is also essential for your Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake recipe. There are many different recipes that call for varying amounts of sugar, but if it gets too much then it will taste bitter. You want to keep the sweetness down and still get a high quality product for your family.
You should also be careful about how you use the Blueberry Cheesecake mixture when baking the cake. You don’t want to end up overbaking the recipe. You will need to allow it to cool off before you add anything else to it and you should only add to your liking. Print
Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake. If you have ever eaten a Blueberry Cheesecake and tried to eat it by itself then you probably know how good it is.
- 3 and 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter-cold and cut in cubes
- Grated zest from 1 lemon(optional)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Blueberry Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 2/3 cups of blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 teaspoons milk
- Step1: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of 9 inches springform pan with parchment paper, spray bottom and sides of the pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Step2: In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, sugar and lemon zest.
- Step3: Add butter in dry ingredients mixture. Now, you can work it with hands, or press with a fork, or you can use the mixer. Work it until it’s grainy.
- Step4: Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. The mixture should be crumbly. If it’s to sandy squeeze it with your fingers to make pea size crumbs.
- Step5: Press about 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom and side (about 1 ½ inch height) of the pan. Place the pan and remaining crumbs in the fridge.
- Step6: To make the filling mix together cream cheese, mascarpone, vanilla, sugar and corn starch just to combine. Add eggs and mix just to combine, do not overdo it.
- Step7: Pour half of the cheesecake mixture in chilled crust, scattered about 2/3 cup of blueberries over the filling. Spread remaining cheesecake mixture. Top with blueberries and remaining crumbs.
- Step8: Bake at 350 F until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 65-75 minutes. If it starts browning too much tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Step9: To make the glaze stir together powdered sugar and milk or cream. If it’s too thin add powdered sugar, if it’s too thick add more milk.
- Category: Trending Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake
Baking your own version of this delicious recipe is very simple and all you need to do is have a basic understanding of baking. The rest is just icing on the cake.
You will need to gather up a few ingredients that are going to make up your recipe. These ingredients include:
The main ingredient is going to be the baking powder. Next comes the salt. The next thing is going to be the lemon juice. This is to make sure that your cheesecake mixture has everything you need to give it the right taste.
An important step of preparing your own recipe for this type of cake is making sure that you allow the mixture to cool before you add any ingredients. You want to avoid having the mixture go from warm to cold within seconds of you adding the ingredients to the batter. You also want to ensure that it stays at the correct consistency when you start to add to it.
A final and very important factor when you’re making this kind of dessert is ensuring that your mixture is ready before you pour it into the pan that you’re baking it in. If the mixture isn’t cooled then it will deflate and it won’t hold the proper shape when you bake it.
Baking this particular dessert can be done by a microwave or by the oven. You will need to choose the method that’s going to work best for you.
The cooking time for this type of dessert is going to take anywhere from two to three hours depending on how well prepared you are when you start baking. You will need to let it cool and then assemble it before you start to frost it.
Making your own Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe is very easy once you’ve mastered some of the tips and tricks of the trade. There are a couple of other things that you will have to take into consideration when you’re making this particular recipe for your family.
One thing to keep in mind is that you are going to have to watch out for over baking and under baking. You want to ensure that your mixture does not dry out and that the edges of your cake are not going to be dry. Also, you want to make sure that you’re using a good quality cooking thermometer to check that the temperature of your mixture before you turn it out onto the oven.